A natural fibre derived from the stalks of the male hemp plant.
Used as a textile fibre from as far back as 50,000 years, hemp has become notable for its numerous positive characteristics:
- Temperature regulating in all seasons
- Anti-bacterial properties
- Tough, durable and abrasion-resistant
- Stretch and twist-resistant
- Softens in texture with use
- Breathable and quick drying
- Maintains colour for longer
- Fast growth, averaging 3 metres in 3 months
- High yield, but low water and land usage
- Environmentally friendly and protective
At MUJI we are constantly looking to lower our environmental impact, whilst offering quality products made with quality materials.
Making hemp an ideal plant to be used as a renewable source for the production of various items used every day, including clothing.
Our Hemp Products
Integrating the old with the new
Re-integrating ancient fibres into modern clothing, allows MUJI to continuously innovate and bring new ideas and trends to the market.